Mary Anne Clarke (née Thompson). Image taken from The Rival Princes; or, a Faithful narrative of facts, relating to Mrs. M. A. Clarke's political acquaintance with Colonel Wardle, Major Dodd, &c. &c. &c. who were concerned in the charges against the Duke of York, etc. [By Mrs. Clarke. With a portrait.] Originally published/produced in London, 1810
List of Contents
Chawton House Library: Women's Memoirs
Culley, Amy, ed. Women's Court and Society Memoirs. Edited by Amy Culley. 9 vols. Part I. Vols 1-4. Part II. Vols 5-9. London: Pickering & Chatto, 2009-2010.
- Vol. 1. [Lady Charlotte Bury], Diary illustrative of the times of George the Fourth (1838), volume I
- Vol. 2. [Lady Charlotte Bury], Diary illustrative of the times of George the Fourth (1838), volume II
- Vol. 3. Catherine E. Cary, Memoirs of Miss C.E. Cary (1825), volume I
- Vol. 4. Catherine E. Cary, Memoirs of Miss C.E. Cary (1825), volume II and III
- Vol. 5. Elizabeth Hervey, Life and memoirs of Elizabeth Chudleigh (1789)
- Vol. 6. Mary Anne Clarke, The rival princes, or, a faithful narrative of facts, relating to Mrs M.A. Clarke's political acquaintance (1810)
- Vol. 7. Pauline Adelaide Alexandre Panam, Memoirs of a young Greek lady (1823)
- Vol. 8. Elizabeth Craven, Memoirs of the Margravine of Anspach, formerly Lady Craven (1826), volume I
- Vol. 9. Elizabeth Craven, Memoirs of the Margravine of Anspach, formerly Lady Craven (1826), volume II
Batchelor, Jennie, ed. Women's Theatrical Memoirs, 1610-1725. Series editor, Jennie Batchelor. Volume editors: Sue Mcpherson, Sharon M Setzer and Julia Swindells. 10 vols. Part I, vols. 1-5. Part II, vols. 6-10. London: Pickering & Chatto, 2007-2008.
- Vol. 1. Mary Robinson, Memoirs of the Late Mrs Robinson (1801)
- Vols. 2-3. James Boaden, The Life of Mrs Jordan (1831)
- Vols. 4-5. Thomas Campbell, Life of Mrs Siddons (1834)
- Vols. 6-8. Elizabeth Steele, The Memoirs of Mrs Sophia Baddeley (1787)
- Vol. 9. Leah Sumbel, Memoirs of the Life of Mrs Sumbel, Part I (1811)
- Vol. 10. Leah Sumbel, Memoirs of the Life of Mrs Sumbel, Part II (1811); [A Gentleman], Memoirs of George Anne Bellamy (1785); The Life and Memoirs of the late Miss Ann Catley by Miss Ambross (c. 1789); Elizabeth Billington, Memoirs of Mrs Billington (1792)
[InteLex] Past Masters databases, on the other hand, include the text of highly-respected, complete, scholarly editions and translations . . . appealing to a broad user spectrum, from casual readers and und ergraduates searching for an online version of a text to scholars performing high-level research.
—The Charleston Advisor
Reviewed by: Helene C. Williams
English Bibliographer for the Humanities